Saturday, December 9, 2006

My new room :)

My house is going to be renovated. The work will start in a few days and go on for about 6 months.
And that bigger, nicer room I’ve always been wanting is finally going to be mine :) I have LOTS of plans for the new room.. The ideas from a lot of good rooms I have seen, from the lots of ‘Inside Outside’s I have read are finally going to get materialized. All those big open windows, all those flowering plants in the balcony, that bean bag… everything! Additionally I have also appointed a budding architect, my langoti yaar for the project of my dreams… because she can understand my needs well [and also, she will do it for free ;-)]
But as the beginning of this dream project of mine is nearing, I have started realizing that it is not going to be all that easy, that it is going to be a tough job... :-
That’s because, for this, my present day room will have to be, as my grandfather loves to say with a laugh and a chuckle, ‘turned into a toilet’!
So ALL my room has to be emptied. All the room. Completely.
I’ve been staying in the hostel for the last 5 years where I’ve been famous as ‘the girl with the maximum stuff in her room’. So 3/4th of my stuff is in the hostel and 1/4th here in my room. And my hostel stay is going to be over within the next 3 months (aah…I’m going to miss that freedom!) and so I’ll have to get that 3/4th stuff back home too. And all this stuff is going to be somehow accommodated in my parents’ room.
Well, now this 1/4th part that is presently in my room includes a hell lot of things….my favourite (now broken) pencil boxes since std 1, the shells I’d picked up on the sea shore at Ganpatipule in std. 4,all the greeting cards I’ve received since the time I could read and write, my gift wrappers of some of the most memorable gifts, my old toys, my dolls-that I cant bear to part with, my photos, my old clothes, my million cassettes and cds,my zillion cosmetics, my old clothes, my new-never-wore-coz-did-not-like clothes, my paper cuttings of my favourite heroes cut in my adolescent years…
I agree half of this stuff can be directly dumped into the dust bin (as my Dad has been telling me for the last 7 years) But… I cannot get myself to throw away all this that I have so fondly collected and so fiercely guarded from my Dad’s eyes for the last 7 years... So all these things will definitely go into my new room.
I’ve been trying to shift out this stuff to my parents’ room since the last one whole week. Shift it to my parents' room
Now comes the interesting and the toughest part.
My Aai is one of those people on earth who cannot bear to see a small (invisible to me) crease on the bed sheet. She asks me to straighten out the creases my bum makes when I sit on her bed… And I…. I am one of those people on earth who think that why should you fold away your quilt if you are going to need to unfold it every night??
My Aai tried her very best to teach me a few lessons of cleanliness, of tidiness... but she gave up on me long ago. She had left me to my fate and in my room.
But for the next 6 months…
Ah… can u imagine?
The tussle has already begun… with her giving me much lesser space to store (dump) my stuff in her room than what I need…
But abhi to yeh sirf shurvat hai….aage aage dekho hota hai kya… ;)
I hope I do not loose ‘my cleanliness style’ by the time I shift to that dream room of mine…
Wish me luck!

4 comments:

Saee said...

Way to go dudette..
:) Nice one..but we are waiting for the furious and the funny ones.

Neha Taksale said...

hmm best of luck !..u need it
i will try my best to make your room your ' dream room!' but till then....stay at your aaji's place dont even think once of staying at ur place

Ashish said...

So is the dream room ready yet?
BTW, how did you manage to keep the "treasure" out of mama's reach? ;-)

Padmanabh Gawai said...

NIce Blogs, keep blogging !!